1) Did you know that the liver is responsible for converting stored fat into energy and if the kidneys are water-deprived, the liver will shut off fat-burning to help do the kidneys’ work? Drink 1 gallon of water a day. Did you also know that ice water is roughly around 4 degrees Celsius and when you drink it, your body has to raise its temperature to your body temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius. This requires roughly 8 calories of energy. This may not seem like a lot, but according to the principle of 3500 calories being a pound, you will lose 13.312 pounds of fat in one year if you drink 16 glasses of ice water a day. Ice your water! People don’t realize this.
2) Did you know that most nutrition “experts” tell you to count calories. Is eating 3,000 calories of junk food going to be the same as eating 2,500 calories of clean sources? No way! Don’t count your calories. Make your calories count by having good carbs and good fats. Good carbs will be anything below a 40 on the GI chart. Good fats would include those high in unsaturated fats. Always stay away from trans fats! Also, stay away from soy protein as this will increase estrogen levels.
But here’s the #1 trick:
Fitness models get super lean for a cover shoot by bypassing leptin and the the hunger hormone ghrelin, to keep fat burning at an elevated level. They prevent a down-regulation of the metabolism by inserting something very hidden called carb cycling. This is why switching up your “macros” is so important.
3) You want to increase testosterone and natural HGH to create an anabolic hormonal environment. Eat lots of nuts including almonds and brazil nuts. Also, supplement with 100-150 mg of zinc per day. You also want to have oatmeal in the morning. Oatmeal helps in freeing up testosterone. Bound testosterone is almost like a reserve bank that your body won’t release until necessary. Free testosterone is what your body will actually use. Testosterone is probably the #1 hormone driver of fat loss.
4) Did you know that when you drink alcohol, your liver converts it into something called acetate? Your body then has to shut off the process of using carbohydrates, stored glycogen, and fat for energy to burn off the alcohol sugar. Try to stick purely to protein after you drink alcohol and stay away from the carbs.
5) Did you know that the human body is made up of three different muscle fibers and heavily introducing the Type II muscle fiber during cardio training showed a 9x greater decrease in subcutaneous fat skinfold.